After loosing Froggie I went out for a hunt for another bike… I spent some time researching what bike I want. I knew i needs to be reliable, practical, inexpensive to insure, easy to work on and ABS was a must…Honda CBF500A seemed to be the answer… I started looking for a suitable candidate.
Loosing your bike is sad. Stolen, written off… no matter what the story is it is not a good feeling. But there is a medicine for that pain. And that is getting a new bike! You can start shopping around, comparing them, analyzing differences… dreaming… 😉
As a motorcyclist I get my life played with all the time. Someone else mistake may send me to hospital or morgue. What for a car driver is a slight fender bender for a motorcyclist is often a life-changing experience.
Crashing your bike is no fun as you can imagine. But it sucks even more if the driver drives away… Thankfully I had my camera and I had a witness… Continue reading HOW I BECOME A RIDER? PART 7 ? After the accident
With my new license it was time for a new bike. I looked long and hard. I run plenty of insurance quotes to make sure I choose something that will be reasonable to insure. Continue reading HOW I BECOME A RIDER? PART 6 ? I write off my first bike
Rules of the Contest:
1. Create a video that is a parody of one of mine (or generic).
2. Upload it to your channel. Name your video staring with “BikersPOV Contest -” so it is easy to find.
3. Add a tag #BikersPOVparody
4. In the description post a link to the parodied vid or my channel (if generic parody).
5. Let me know that you have posted your vid by sending me a link through Facebook – http://facebook.com/bikerspov (or youtube).
6. You can enter until end of February.
7. When you send me the link please also say that you give me permissions to use that particular vid on my channel so I can do a mix/highlights of some sort.
the best 50 submissions will get:
1. a link back to your video/channel (from video, bikerspov.com and my fb page)
2. mention in the results video
3. A STICKER 😉 – you need to provide your address AFTER competition is over and winners announced
When I did my licence the process was a bit different than today. If you want to know how it looks now click here. But I encourage you to read through the POV experience just for your own entertainment 😉
After the accident there was a period when I couldn’t use the bike… during this time I developed some heavy withdrawal symptoms… I was moody, spent hours looking at bike videos and randomly wore a helmet around the house 😉 I really needed to get back on it… Continue reading How I become a rider? Part 4 ? I catch the bug
I learn fast… So shortly I gained confidence on my little Honda… And as I’m a moron… not surprisingly I had to learn the hard way that overconfidence is one of the main reasons for new riders’ accidents… Continue reading How I become a rider? Part 3 ? First crash
In Part 1 you found out what has driven my decision to start my motorcycle adventure. Now we can look into the first steps I made towards becoming a motorcyclist… Continue reading how I become a rider… Part 2 – First bike